Grant Application Process
The Foundation is in the process of streamlining our Grant Application Process and is suspending the use of our Online Grants Portal for the current grant cycle. Please read the following for complete application instructions.
The Mzuri Wildlife Foundation has one funding cycle each year. Grant applications are accepted only in the fourth quarter of each calendar year for consideration in the first quarter of the following year.
Deadline for Formal Grant Applications: November 1, 2019
Grant Notification: February 2020
Please Note: For applicants without a funding history with the Foundation, a letter of inquiry must be submitted and approved prior to the submittal of a formal grant application.
Letter of Inquiry
The Mzuri Wildlife Foundation invites applicants that have not previously received a grant from the Foundation to submit a brief letter of inquiry prior to a formal grant application. Past grantees of the Foundation are not required to submit a letter of inquiry.
The letter of inquiry should include the following:
- The requesting organization’s name, tax ID number, and its mission statement.
- The organization’s mailing address, its website address and the contact information for the officer(s) responsible for directing the funding.
- The organization’s annual budget.
- The amount of the grant request and the total project cost.
- A summary description of how the proposed grant will be spent, if awarded.
- A detailed description of how the proposed grant will be spent, if awarded, including:
- The goal(s) of the work or project to be funded by the grant.
- The expected duration of the work funded by the grant, and the anticipated impact on wildlife or wildlife education.
- If the grant is to be combined with other monies, an explanation of the amounts and sources of those funds.
The Foundation will contact applicants within 6 to 8 weeks about whether to proceed with the application process.
Please email your letter of inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Formal Grant Application
If your project falls within the parameters of work we would like to consider, you will be invited to submit a formal grant application. We will notify you via email and provide the application forms. Grant applications from organizations that have not been invited to apply cannot be considered.
To access your organization’s information stored on Mzuri’s online grants portal, please use the following link.
Please note: the online grants portal will no longer be used for the grant application process. Formal grant applications can be submitted via email to: email@example.com.
Link here for the legacy grants portal.